The NYU Center for Responsible AI (NYU R/AI) is looking for a full time Research Scientist to join our growing interdisciplinary team and contribute to the Center’s applied research, public engagement, and educational activities. This position is a one(1) year position, with an opportunity to renew subject to availability of funds. The Research Scientist will engage in original interdisciplinary research. In addition to taking on a leadership role in ongoing projects, the research fellow will enjoy the intellectual freedom to engage in research activities of their choice, within the scope of R/AI’s broad responsible data science and AI agenda. They will also work closely with Prof. Julia Stoyanovich to develop and execute on a robust public education and public engagement strategy. Examples of activities currently underway include a public education course that we plan to offer at scale in the immediate future; comic book series for which we are looking to achieve broader reach; curriculum development and dissemination for data scientists, and industry and government practitioners; and a growing portfolio of participatory design work.
- MA or PhD (preferred) with expertise in STS or related field;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated program coordination experience, ideally in an academic setting.
Application Instructions Please apply through Interfolio with:
- CV or resume;
- Brief cover letter, explaining your interest and fit for the position;
- 3 reference letters, submitted by recommenders (not by the candidate).